1. Make your "something borrowed" something of hers.It will make Mom feel good to know that you are holding something near and dear to you that belongs to her as you walk down the aisle. That something you borrow will have even more meaning to her than it did before when you return it after the wedding.
2. Give her a special wedding day keepsake.Another option is to buy something brand new to gift to your mother in honor of the occasion. An embroidered handkerchief to catch her happy tears would be lovely. Another idea is an elegant frame to hold your favorite picture of the two of your from your childhood.
3. Spend an entire day shopping for her dress.Your mother deserves to look gorgeous on your special day. Make the shopping trip an event for the two of you. Start with brunch, then head to your appointment at Angelus Bridal & Formals so that we can treat your mother to an afternoon of pampering and fabulous fashion. After your shopping trip, go to a coffee shop to discuss wedding details together, plan a mini spa day, or go see a movie. Anything that you know you'll both enjoy.
4. Say cheese!
Display photos of Mom from her wedding day, or use them in a slideshow at the reception. Be sure to ask the photographer to get a few special shots of just the two of you. Maybe you could even recreate a photo from her wedding day or a favorite childhood picture.
5. Reserve special transportation.If your ceremony and reception are in different locations and traveling is involved, you will need to arrange transportation for yourself and the wedding party. Include your parents too. Hire a fancy car for them to ride like royalty in, allowing Mom to make a grand entrance.
6. Ask Mom to get ready with you and your bridesmaids.Before the ceremony, a lot of fun things happen in the dressing room. Invite your mother to join you and your girls for hair, makeup, and manicures. She will love spending that time with you as well as getting the chance to watch you enjoy it.
7. Ask her to walk you down the aisle.This tradition is often reserved for your father or another special man in your life. There is no reason why your mother can't escort you down the aisle along with your dad. If he isn't in the picture anymore, then she is the perfect candidate to fill this position.
8. Dance with her.The bride usually has a dance with her father, and the groom dances with his mother. Add a mother-daughter dance to the mix and share a bit of the spotlight with this special lady. Another nice gesture is to invite all of the mothers at your reception to hit the dance floor with their children.
9. Write down how much you appreciate your mother.Surprise Mom with a special note in your wedding program, or write a sentimental card to be delivered at the wedding. A hand-written thank you after the wedding weekend is also something she would really appreciate.
The wedding day is all about the bride and groom, but there are a lot of wonderful people that have played a part in you getting to this day. Little gestures go a long way in making them feel as important as they are to you. Whether your wedding happens to be close to Mother's Day or not, the gestures above will make any mother very happy.
Don't forget to make an appointment to come in with Mom to try on all of the exquisite gowns that we have for sale in our Pompano Beach bridal store. We carry lots of different styles, sizes, and colors to choose from so that she can find something wonderful to wear to your wedding. Angleus Bridal & Formals will make sure of it.
878 SW 10th Avenue - Suite #8
Pompano Beach, FL 33069
Visit our website: www.AngelusBridal.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Follow us on Pinterest