We have been through plenty of weddings over the years, so Angelus Bridal has a list of a few helpful things that you may not think of on your own. Once we started writing, the list got a bit long, so this week we'll feature 10 tips for the wedding planning stage, and next week's blog will feature tips that will be helpful on the wedding day.
- While you are making your list of "must-have" songs for your reception DJ or band, also make a "DO NOT PLAY" list of music you absolutely don't want to hear on your special day.
- Show more than one person that will be at the wedding how to bustle your wedding dress. That way you aren't searching for the only person that knows how when you're ready or left trying to "figure it out" at the last minute.
- Designate a wedding helper (or a few) that will be in charge of getting important items from the ceremony to the reception, such as gifts, the guest book, extra programs, decorations being used at both venues, etc... This "job" is often overlooked until the last minute.
- Designate a post-wedding helper too that will make sure rentals get returned, decorations get picked up, and everything gets to where it needs to be after the reception. If you don't, it will be harder for you to leave at the end of the evening. Also, make sure someone is in charge of getting the wedding gifts to your home, or at least to your hotel room for the night.
- Practice walking in your wedding day shoes. Even if it is a heel size that you are used to, you'll want to break them in a little so they won't be stiff and new on the wedding day. Also, walk in them with your bridal gown on so that you will know ahead of time if you need to take any special precautions so as not to snag the heel on your dress.
- Practice using the restroom in your bridal gown. Yes, you read that right! As strange as it sounds, some special occasion dresses are difficult to get in and out of a small bathroom or stall. There is a chance you may need help, and it's best to know that before it's an emergency. Sometimes, especially with a very full skirt, it may be easiest to sit down facing the back of the toilet. It may look and feel strange, but if it keeps your dress out of the way, it's worth it!
- Rehearse your wedding vows out loud, even if you aren't writing your own. Nerves can get the better of anyone in front of a crowd, but if you've said the words a few times already, it's going to be a lot easier for you to get through them on the wedding day.
- If you have wedding vendors that need to be paid or tipped on the wedding day, organize those payments in labeled envelopes ahead of time. That way you can ask someone you trust, like a maid of honor or best man, to pass them out so you don't have to worry about it while you are celebrating.
- Ask the photographer to capture a photo of the entire ceremony room when you walk down the aisle. This not only gives you a lovely shot of the back of your beautiful bridal gown, but also the looks on all of your guests' faces while they watch you walk in!
- Plan a private getaway for just the two of you. We aren't talking about the honeymoon, but rather during the wedding celebration. Plan some time into the schedule of the day, either before the reception or at some point during it, to sneak away to a quiet spot and simply enjoy the moment with each other. Your guests can do without you for a little while.
Those 10 tips will give you a few things to think about until next week when Angelus Bridal & Formals will have 10 more tips for you. This information will come in handy to help make your wedding day the best one ever. When you need help making sure that your wedding day fashions are the best ever, our wedding dress store in South Florida is happy to answer any and all questions you may have.
878 SW 10th Avenue - Suite #8
Pompano Beach, FL 33069
Visit our website: www.AngelusBridal.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter