These are things that you probably wouldn't even think about until you've lived through the situation. Your wedding day is most likely something you won't be doing twice (until you're ready to plan a beautiful vow renewal a few years down the road) so Angelus Bridal & Formals is here to point out a few of the things that we have learned from our own experience and those of our lovely brides.
- Surrender your cell phone to your maid of honor, and suggest that the groom give his to the best man. They will be nearby if you get an important call during the day, and your friends should be able to answer any questions vendors may have, or at least know when the best time is to ask you. You only need the phone in your hand if you want to send your future spouse a sweet message or for the occasional wedding day selfie with your wedding party. Other than that, unplug and enjoy the experience of this special day!
- Have a button up shirt or robe to wear while you get ready for the ceremony. This will allow you to get dressed when it's time without having to pull a shirt over your head, ruining all the work that went into your hair and makeup.
- Do not wear socks or a bra while you are getting ready. They can leave marks on your ankles, back, and shoulders that may not go away before it's time to walk down the aisle.
- Keep straws in your bag to use when you take a drink. This will keep your lipstick from smudging, meaning far fewer touchups.
- Have snacks and water available for you and your wedding party while you are getting ready, and make sure everyone eats something. It's going to be a long, busy day and you're going to need plenty of energy, and it may be a while before you get to eat again at the reception.
- Before heading down the aisle, put on hand lotion. This will help the wedding ring to slide on your finger more easily.
- Once you are down the aisle standing next to your gorgeous groom, turn and look back at your guests to capture a mental picture of this moment and everyone sharing this special day with you.
- Ask your caterer or wedding planner to make a "to-go" box filled with some of the food items from your reception. It's not unusual for couples to be having so much fun that they don't take the time to sit down and eat. This way you don't miss out on that delicious meal you ordered, and you have something waiting for you later when you realize how hungry you are.
- If you arranged transportation for the entire wedding party to get to the ceremony and reception, they won't have a car there when it's time to leave. Make sure that you also arrange for them all to get home safely once the event is over.
- If you used a lot of fresh flower arrangements as decorations for your wedding, that means you will have a lot of arrangements needing a home afterward. If you don't have a large enough wedding party or family to send them home with, consider donating the flowers to a nursing home or hospital to make someone else's day special too.
The more prepared you are for your wedding day, the better chance you have of avoiding problems that could arise. Even if a few things don't go exactly as you expected, as long as you are married to your true love at the end of the day, then it was a huge success!
All of us here at our South Florida bridal salon, as well as future brides reading this blog, would love to hear your thoughts on this subject. If you have advice that you have been given for the wedding day or you are a bride that has already gotten married and would like to share your own experience, please comment here or on our Angelus Bridal social media channels. You just may have an important tip up your sleeve that will help to make another couple's wedding day even more special.
878 SW 10th Avenue - Suite #8
Pompano Beach, FL 33069
Visit our website: www.AngelusBridal.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter