- Keep pen & paper, or your digital version of those, handy at all times. You never know when inspiration may strike.
- Open a wedding email account. Give this address out for all wedding-related correspondence. That way, it's all in one place and won't get mixed up with your everyday emails. You can also close the account after the wedding and skip marketing emails you no longer need.
- Use a wet sponge or glue stick to seal invitation envelopes. You will avoid paper cuts and that disgusting glue taste.
- Write your thank you notes as soon as gifts arrive so that you don't have as many to write after the wedding. Also, place a sticker with the giver's name on each gift until you write the thank you in case the card gets misplaced.
- At least once a week, do something with your spouse that allows no wedding talk at all. This will keep you both connected and fresh for future planning.
- First and foremost, make an appointment to try on wedding gowns. This will guarantee that you aren't waiting around for a dressing room behind a line of other women. You get the undivided attention of a consultant when you have an appointment.
- It's fun to stand in front of the big mirror and admire those wedding gowns that you are trying on, but don't forget to move around in them too. Walk, sit, dance, and whatever else you will be doing on the big day. Looking good is important, but being comfortable is too.
- Wear your wedding day shoes around the house before the wedding. You will want them to be broken in before you wear them all day at the big event. Have a comfortable backup pair ready too, just in case.
- Stash a piece of white chalk in your emergency kit. It can hide stains on a white dress.
- Get your engagement ring professionally cleaned before the ceremony. It will sparkle and shine in all of your wedding photos.
BEFORE THE CEREMONY
- EAT! Too many brides and grooms get busy getting ready and forget to eat, which leads to a tired, hungry couple halfway through the day. Keep it light, but get something in your stomach for the energy you need. It's wise to keep a few snacks handy too, for a quick pick-me-up until dinner is served.
- Drinking straws are the perfect way for a bride and her bridesmaids to stay hydrated without smudging that gorgeous lipstick.
- Ladies, wear a robe or button-up shirt while getting your hair and makeup done. You won't have to worry about pulling a shirt over your head and messing up your look.
- Appoint someone, like the maid of honor and best man, to be in charge of the bride & groom's phones for the day. You will be busy enjoying the experience. They can field any calls you may receive and be in charge of the selfies.
- Do not pick up your own bouquet directly out of the vase. It will be wet and drip all over your dress. Have someone else pick it up, dry it off, and hand it to you.
FOR THE RECEPTION
- Give the DJ a list of songs to definitely play and another list of songs that should never be heard at any point during the night.
- If a speech goes too long or gets embarrassing, cue the DJ to cut the microphone.
- Ask the caterer to set aside a plate for the two of you. Occasionally, couples get busy enjoying the reception and greeting guests, and they miss out on the best food. Setting some aside assures that you get to eat what you paid for.
- Prepare a quiet, out-of-the-way spot for the two of you to sneak away to during the reception. A few minutes alone during all of the excitement is a wonderful and special treat.
- Put someone that you trust in charge of taking the wedding gifts and cards to a safe place after everyone arrives at the reception. You never know who may wander through the area besides your guests.
Hopefully you can use some or all of these tips to make your own wedding run as seamlessly as possible. All of us here at the best bridal salon in Pompano Beach are partial to the fashion tips, but we can attest to the fact that all of the ideas above will be very helpful to every bride and groom. The bridal consultants at Angelus Bridal & Formals love using our experience and knowledge to help make every couple's journey as easy as possible.
878 SW 10th Avenue - Suite #8
Pompano Beach, FL 33069
Visit our website: www.AngelusBridal.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Follow us on Pinterest